Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Scaldin' Cauldron

Scaldin' Cauldron is a Mario Party 5 game in which players hide in cauldrons. Koopa enters and blows his flame breath on one cauldron at a time until only one player remains. The youtube video and a short how to on the party game version are below.




For our cauldrons I emptied out four of my boys' toy bins. I lined them up behind the couch and taped black construction paper cauldrons with the letters A,B,C,and D on them and flames below them above each bin.



I taped four pieces of orange construction paper together with painters tape. On each one I glued on a cauldron cut from an old pair of black sweatpants. I used sweatpants because my "flames" were nerf darts that would stick quit nicely to sweatpant material. I painted the corresponding letters on these cauldrons and hung the finished project up on a door across from the toy bins.

I printed out a Bowser face from the internet, cut it out, and attatched it to a wooden stick used for mixing paint.



One person from each team climbed into a bin and then I as Bowser stuck a dart onto one of the cauldrons. Whomever was in that letter cauldron was out of the game. Then another player would go in and everyone would switch cauldrons. When only one team member was left that persons team won.

Items Used and Total Cost of This Game -

Plastic Bins - (already had) $0
Construction Paper - (already had) $0
Paint - (already had) $0
Nerf Darts - (already had) $0
Sweatpants - (already had) $0
Painter's Tape - (already had) $0
Wooden stick - (already had) $0
Printed Bowser - $0

Total Cost of This Game - $0

0 comments:

Post a Comment