Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Breakneck Building

Once again, here is a youtube video of a Mario Party 8 mini game followed by photos of my party game version.



In our party game version of Breakneck Building we timed each team painting a "board", hammering in nails, and cutting "logs". The team with the best time won.

For the boards I cut regular printer paper in half and then rolled a brown crayon (with wrapper removed) across each one. Then I just drew on a little bit of wood grain detail. The paint was just a few drops of food coloring mixed with water inside of an old sour cream container. I taped a piece of paper that I had written the word paint on and attatched a metal handle on top. The paintbrush was just a real paintbrush that I already had.



For the hammering part of the game I painted a box brown and drew on wood grain with a brown marker. I painted just the tops of nails to match each team's colors. I did six nails for each team. I pushed the nails all the way down to make sure they would be easy enough and then pulled them back up. The hammer was a plastic one from my youngest son's tool bench.




The logs were shaped from clay and then painted brown. I drew out a saw on an empty plastic bottle, cut it out, and painted with brown and silver paint.



The teams did this game one at a time with each member painting one board, nailing in three nails, and sawing off one section of a log. Each team was timed and then the fastest time was announced at the end.



Items Used and Total Cost of This Game -

Printer paper - (already had) $0
Crayon - (already had) $0
Sour Cream Container - (already had) $0
Markers - (already had) $0
Box -(already had) $0
Paint - (already had) $0
Nails - (already had) $0
Plastic hammer - (already had) $0
Clay - (already had) $0

Total Cost - $0

0 comments:

Post a Comment