Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hey, where'd I go?

It has been a bit over a month since my last post. This is for various reasons including my first "for hire" birthday cake (see pic below), computer problems, deep cleaning, a total revamp of my birthday closet (more on that in the future!), and lots of rearranging but mostly just because I have been busy enjoying having my big boys home for the summer.


Bakugan Cake - If you don't know, Bakugans are a bit like little round transformers. There are cards that come with them. There are also people on the show. That concludes everything I know about Bakugans :) Now about the cake - the boy, Bakugans, and Bakugan cards are all made out of marshmallow fondant. If you haven't made your own fondant before I strongly reccommend that you give it a try. I had a little trouble at first but in the end it is so worth it. It ends up being cheaper and tastes SO much better. The trick I found was to add the powdered sugar a wee bit at a time. I tried different recipes and never ended up adding as much as any of them said. I did have to use some toothpick support which I've never had to do with the firmer store bought kind but I thought it was worth a couple of toothpicks for the better taste. Also, see those cards? Edible markers are my new favorite thing!




1 comments:

K2 Subculture
August 8, 2017 at 3:04 AM

Wow this was a really good post! love both the cakes and also like the description that you have given below for the readers! Good job

Post a Comment