Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bob-ombs Away

When I saw the Mario Party 8 mini game Bob-ombs Away, I immediately thought of The Price is Right game, Plinko. In the video game version 3 players stand on top of a Plinko type board dropping Bob-ombs down onto the 4th player. Our party game is a friendlier version in which a Bob-omb is dropped down the board to win points.



Unfortunately I did not take photos along the way but hopefully I can describe it well enough.

I started with a (free of course) box from Walmart. It was angled down on the sides. I lifted the front part of the back and put it down across the top angled down to the front. I attatched this with a LOT of tape and covered in construction paper that I then decorated.

Across the top I put a section that had been inside the box to seperate the toys it once held. At the bottom I placed another free container this one from Pop Rocks Easter Eggs. I painted each cup of this container with point values in each one.

I then stuck multicolored push pins all over for the ping pong ball (painted to look like a Bob-omb) to bounce around against.

I used what I had but you could also cut out your own piece of cardboard to angle down and tape a few paper cups together for the bottom.



Each player was allowed to drop the Bob-omb down three times and then the teams total scores were added to determine the winner.

Items Used and Total Cost of This Game -

Box - $0
Construction paper - (already had) $0
Pop Rocks Egg container - $0
Paint - (already had) $0
Push Pins - (already had) $0
Ping Pong Ball - (already had) $0

Total Cost of This Game - $0


0 comments:

Post a Comment