Thursday, April 29, 2010

How to Make Napkin Rings

*Note - I discuss making your own themed napkin rings on my Place Settings page. This is a short tutorial using a Super Mario theme.*

Having a Super Mario themed party? If you've looked around online you may have seen these napkins-



They are pretty nice looking napkins and good and durable from the reviews I've read. They are available at Amazon as well as buycostumes.com and birthdayexpress.com (all for the same price but shipping may differ).


The only downside to these napkins is that they are 3.49 for a package of 16 (not including shipping). When it comes to children we all know the more napkins the better. So if you want to purchase these napkins you may want to consider buying one package and mix some solid colored napkins in with them. You can find many different colors at the dollar stores (for a dollar of course).

If you want to add a little pop to your mushroom napkins or tie solid colored napkins into your Mario theme, just add star napkin rings!

Seen here with a plain napkin from my pantry


First I looked around my house for something shaped like a star. I found this glow in the dark one in my oldest son's room. If you can't find anything you can either find one online and print it out or hold a thin piece of paper up to the screen and trace it for a template. I traced the star with a yellow marker onto yellow construction paper. I only traced three stars and then folded two pieces of paper together three times to be able to cut out 6 at a time.

I folded this green paper in half vertically

Then in half 8 times. Don't worry about getting it exactly even.


I then cut out the strips and stars.

Next I added the eyes to the stars with a black marker.

Then I overlapped each strip and gluesticked to make rings.

I placed the star upsidedown and gluesticked the ring onto the back

There you have it. After the glue dries slip in your napkins.


Total price for these napkins = If you use the napkins from the pantry $0, If we get a solid color from the dollar store (birthday boy is undecided right now) $1

1 comments:

Lewis Clark
February 10, 2017 at 9:44 AM

good post

Post a Comment