Sunday, May 2, 2010

Monkeys & Mario

Here is another party game based on a Mario Party mini game. This particular game would also work great for a monkey or jungle theme. It is also a bit of a spinoff from a Basic Game (Find Something) that could easily be changed up to fit any theme.

In our party game version, the guests will chase little paper baby monkeys being blown around by a fan and place them in the matching mama monkey's basket. If monkeys don't fit your theme, just change to any other animal or object. I think it would be particularly cute changed into a dinosaur theme with nests of empty eggs instead of baskets to return baby dinos to.


Here is a video of the Mario Party mini game (Chimp Chase) followed by a how to on our party game-




First I printed out Latiku capsules (in black and white and draft mode)


Then I colored them in with marker and cut them out

Next I drew a mama monkey

I cut out the monkeys in four colors and added faces (cut from manila paper, and drawn with marker by my two older boys) and marker detail

Then I cut out four baskets from brown construction paper, folding the paper in half and cutting out as you would a paper heart.

Then I cut out "insides" for the baskets and my son drew on x's, one for each baby monkey

Glued on the inside part and added marker detail to the basket




The monkeys will be taped up with the baskets hanging from their tails. Immediately before the game I will cover the x's with gluestick. The baby chimps will be poured out and the fan will be pointed at them to make them scatter around. The children chase after them and grab the monkeys of their color and stick onto their team's basket.
The first team to return all their baby chimps to their mamas is the winner.


Material used and total cost of this game:

Construction paper (already had) - $0
Printed latiku capsules - $0
Markers (already had) - $0
Gluestick (already had) - $0
Fan (borrowed) - $0

Total Cost - $0

0 comments:

Post a Comment